Police investigations into George Building collapse concluded, WC top cop says

Police investigations into George Building collapse concluded, WC top cop says

CAPE TOWN – Western Cape police say they have concluded crime scene investigations at the collapsed George building.

Thirty-four people died when a five-story apartment block collapsed in the Garden Route town on May 6.

Sixty-two people were at the scene at the time of the incident.

IN PICTURES: A moment of silence for the lives lost in the George building collapse

Rescue and recovery operations concluded on Friday of last week, with all workers accounted for.

Provincial police commissioner Thembisile Patekile said they had interviewed several people as part of the investigation.

“We have, for our part, closed the crime scene and handed it over to the (Department) of Labor to continue with its part. We are collaborating with all other investigative aid, like many engineering companies, so we are now at that stage.”